This is a consultative service for parents/caregivers who are looking for support with 1-2 specific goals with their child. The following are examples of suitable areas of need to be addressed via this consultative model:
- Picky Eating
- Daily Living Skills (e.g., dressing, brushing teeth, taking a bath or shower etc.)
- Increasing Basic Communication (e.g., pointing/gestures, eye contact, joint attention, word approximation, sentence expansion, persistence in communication etc.)
- Augmentative Communication Systems
- Pre-Vocational/Vocational Skills
- Emotional regulation
- Social Skills
- Executive Functioning Skills
*in some cases, the clinician might find it beneficial to work with the child/youth directly for part or all of the session depending on the goal. This will be determined during intake and discussed with families.
Brief Consultation Services (April to October 2021)
This is a consultative service for parents/caregivers who are looking for support with 1-2 specific goals with their child.
Please note: The date selected will secure your space for eligibility screening and to ensure you are paired with the appropriate therapist. Service start dates will be discussed with each family.
1 hour for intake and goal planning + 4 x 1 hour consultation sessions. Total – 5 hours
Please note that you only need to select one date. Selecting multiple dates or times will not result in additional rounds of service.